Data storage technology is keep developing, this making the development of RAID drive data recovery also one of the important things. But somehow, this might not familiar for common people. Therefore, a general overview about this technology needed. For those who also get the curiosity of knowing about this, see below overview on RAID drive data recovery.
What Is RAID
Raid is actually stand for Redundant Array of Independent Disks. It is a data storage virtualization technology which combines various disk drive components to reach data redundancy. The history starts at 1987 in University of Carolina. By the time, a number of standard of RAID is evolved, creating several levels of this technology into RAID 0 up to RAID 6.
RAID Drive Data Recovery
As this technology is developing, various problems also exist during the use of this system. Therefore, a good plan of recovery is needed to make sure that RAID system can actively perform again and any interrupted data can easily bring back. Usually, the cause of any loosing data might be happened due to below reasons:
- RAID array card fails which lead to interrupted data
- Any physical disk failure whether due to broken part or clash with other material.
- Sudden power outage due to electricity and no UPS protection to cover the system.
- Problem with the booting system which not run properly and damage the data system.
- Improper reconfiguration of the system, which make the system fail to perform as it should be
- Unstable power supply, which can have caused due to unstable electricity. This can lead to loss any information that keep inside the RAID system.
Due to these problems are commonly happen, the suitable recovery method shall be performed. In case of the above points of failure are happen, below are several things that can be done to help with the recovery. This is best to perform when any failure is indicated in RAID disk array:
- Keep all pending files in appropriate disk or server before this happen.
- Contact the disk array manufacturers to report the failure and ask for help if the system is still under guarantee.
- Avoid synchronize anything or do any recovery action if not performed by professional.
- Use data recovery software and check the step by step guidance to follow.
Those all a general overview of RAID drive data recovery that will help to protect whenever any failure is happen. As the data storage is an important part in a system or company, the suitable recovery system is fully needed. Therefore, it wouldn’t lead into any loss, whether data, time or even money.