Nominate Your Company or Product
The da Vinci Awards® help build awareness of adaptive technologies that can benefit all people, regardless of ability. By nominating, you help us recognize those people and products that bring life-improving technologies to the masses.
In order to make the da Vinci Awards nomination process greener and more efficient, we are now only accepting applications online.
- APPLICATION PROCESS (Nominations open until February 28, 2013)
- Upload your nomination video, clearly indicating your entry name in the title
- Completely fill out and submit the online application form
A non-refundable, tax-deductible $125 application fee is required with each nomination. This fee includes one ticket to the event, and it partially covers expenses associated with the rigorous evaluation process. Additional tickets may be purchased for guests prior to the event. A hardship waiver may be requested by contacting Patti Radzik at 248-936-0342 or via email, at email@example.com.
- VIDEO REQUIREMENT
All nominations must include a video component that is no longer than 3 minutes in length. They may be promotional videos already in existence, but do not need to be professionally produced.
Before uploading your video submission to YouTube, please be sure to check that your video:
- does not contain any copyrighted music, video, images or text (not legally owned)
- is not set to "private." Your video must be public, and allow other users to embed it
- is under 2GB in size
- is in .AVI, .MOV, .WMV, or .MPG file formats
- AWARD CATEGORIES
The 2013 da Vinci Awards will be accepting nominees in five categories:
- Communication/Educational Aids Details
- Environmental Adaptation/Daily Living or Work Aids Details
- Prosthetics/Orthotics/Controls Details
- Transportation and Mobility Details
- Recreation and Leisure Details
Submissions are evaluated by a highly qualified, impartial panel of judges representing the technology and disability communities. Additional information may be requested.
Each category will have up to three finalists selected, which will be announced to the global press prior to the event. All finalists will be invited and encouraged to attend the Awards event and exhibit their submissions.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Michigan Chapter, will provide publicity for all 2013 da Vinci Awards finalists and winners. They will be featured in MS Society publications, press releases, on davinciawards.org, and via social media.
- THE EVENT
The da Vinci Awards will be presented in an Academy-Award style event held April 11th, 2013 at the Ford Conference & Event Center in Dearborn, Michigan. The winner in each category will be announced live from the podium during the event's festivities. "People's Choice Awards" will also be given to those Finalists receiving the highest number of video views (or votes) on YouTube. More details to follow.
All materials submitted to the da Vinci Awards will remain confidential and will not be returned after the da Vinci Awards evaluation process. The da Vinci Awards prepares written materials regarding Award winners based on the submissions. By submitting materials, you agree that the da Vinci Awards owns all rights to them and that the da Vinci Awards may use your submissions in preparing and using them.
For additional information please contact:
National MS Society, Michigan Chapter
21311 Civic Center Drive
Southfield, MI 48076-3911
- Video Uploaded to YouTube
- Award Category selected
- Download pre-submission worksheet
- Submission Completed
- Application fee has been processed