When a Company decide to use RAID in the system, they will also need proper plan of RAID server recovery. This can be happening any time, that the RAID server experience problems and can lead into profit loss. Therefore, it is quite important to prepare some back up plan procedure to handle the situation. However, not many people understand about this problem. Hence, there are several explanations for the usual cause of this and how is the tips to handle it.
Cause of RAID Server Crash
There are several causes that can affect the RAID server to experience a failure. Normally it will divide into below causes:
- Physical failure, this is common to happen which can cause due to any multiple drive failure, unread RAID controller card, bad sector or even any natural disaster.
- Human error, this is a cause that affect by human activity such as deleting the files, reformat the drives or any incorrect replacement of the drives.
- Logical failure, this failure commonly causes by any virus that infected the system, folders damage or any corrupted operating system that lead into crash.
Tips To Handle RAID Data Loss
Looking at any failure above, where it can be happened anytime, there are several actions that needs to performed as soon as possible to get the RAID server normally back. In case those failure happens, see below tips to handle with this matter.
- Avoid overwriting any file to make sure no further loss of any crash data.
- It is suggested not to so any RAID partition reconfiguration to make sure the file keeps in the source and available to recover anytime. Any reconfiguration may lead to missing data which can affect to fail recovery.
- Provide a good antivirus to deal with this situation. As there are now many types of virus that can easily attack a system. Therefore, updating the antivirus also important part which should not be forget.
- It is better not to do any defragmented utility if there is no fix confirmation on the drive health.
- Protect the RAID server in a safer way which can possibly avoid the fire, flooding and any type of natural disaster.
- Always looking for RAID data recovery professional rather than perform the recovery by yourself.
Those all the cause and tips of RAID server recovery failure. Therefore, when this unexpected thing happens, the Company will ready with the suitable way of handling it. Make sure to do the first action first before contact the professional. This little action will help to perform a fasten recovery which lead to minimum Company profit loss.